Deputy Director of Directorate “Gendarmerie”
Commissioner Georgi Gaykov
Born on 14 October 1972 in Stara Zagora town.
He graduated his higher education at Sofia University “St Kliment Ohridski”, subject “Law”. Since 30 June 1994 he is working at the Ministry of Interior, initially at the Specialized Unit for Combating Terrorism.
During his professional career he has successfully covered all expert and managerial levels at the Specialized Unit for Combating Terrorism.
- Since April 2015 – Deputy Director of Directorate “Gendarmerie” at General Directorate “National Police”.
- Georgi Gaykov has covered seven-months training course at the National Security Service.
- in 2012 – training course on “Training of teams for crisis reaction”, USA.
- professional qualification course “Managerial skills and leadership” at the Academy of the Ministry of Interior.
- in 2008 – course on corruption counteraction at the defense institute on international law and research, Defense Department, USA.
For high professional results he was many times decorated by the management of the Ministry of Interior.
English and Russian.