Senior Commissioner Blagorodna Makeva, PhD
Date and place of birth: March 29, 1976 in Plovdiv.
As Deputy Director of NPGD, Senior Commissioner Blagorodna Makeva is responsible for the management and control of the following structures within NPGD:
1. Common Crime Investigation Department
2. Methodological Guidance of Investigations Department
3. Economic Police Department
4. International Cooperation and International Projects Sector
5. Legal Services and Complaints Sector
6. Public Procurement Sector
7. Expert Forensic Activities Sector
First Thursday of the month, from 14.00 to 16.00 hrs.
- 1998 - Faculty "Police" of MoI Academy, subject "Combating Crime and Public Order", Bachelor’s degree
- 2002 - Faculty "Police" at MoI Academy, subject "Combating Crime and Public Order", Master’s degree
- 2003 – Plovdiv university "Paisii Hilendarski", specialty "Law", Master’s degree
- 2003 – after passing theoretical and practical training and examination by the Ministry of Justice, awarded the degree of a certified jurist
- 2003 - completed training course for training the trainers in Community Law, European Institute of Public Administration – Luxembourg
- 2006 - completed training at the Center for Continuing Education of New Bulgarian University "Structural Funds of the European Union"
- 2007 - awarded educational and scientific degree "Doctor" in "Organization and Management of Non-Material Sphere (Internal Order and Security)"
Since1998 Senior Commissioner Makeva has been working at the structures of the Ministry of Interior, starting as an operational officer in 8th territorial police department of Sofia Metropolitan Police Directorate, and later as police investigator.
In 2005 she moved to the National Police Service Directorate as legal advisor in the field of Legal and regulatory services and International cooperation.
She has consecutively taken the following executive positions:
- Senior legal advisor at General Police Directorate
- Chief legal advisor at General Police Directorate
In 2009 she was appointed as Head of sector “Legal and regulatory services” at Criminal Police Chief Directorate, and later as Head of sector “Legal and regulatory services and Complaints” at National Police General Directorate.
Mrs. Makeva was appointed as Deputy Director of National Police General Directorate in 2015.
Participation in international projects:
1. Project on "Modernization of Bulgarian police and enhancing its effectiveness" № BG 2004 / 016-711.08.04 (Twinning Code: BG / 2004 / IB / JH-09) - Head of Component 3 "Development of Requirements Profile Police Investigators to be Trainers.
2. Project on "Improvement of practices and standards for police work locally in Bulgaria and improve the quality of management" (Twinning Code: BG / 2005 / IB / JH-05) - Head of Component 4 "Police investigation Locally and Situational Crime Prevention"(domestic violence, support victims of crime and situational crime prevention).
3. Project on "Combating crime related to the misuse of funds allocated to Bulgaria in the European Union" № JLS / 2008 / ISEC / FPA / C2 / 046 - Head of Component 5 "Developing a Methodological Guide and a Program for Long-Term Training".
4. Project on "Combating domestic violence and in particular the fight against sexual violence against minors" by Daphne III, the project is implemented by the General Directorate "Police" in the City. Warsaw, Poland - Lecturer at the conference organized on "Domestic Violence".
5. Project on "Establishment and strengthening of the national system to support victims of crime" (Twinning Code: BG / 06 / IB / JH-02), beneficiary Ministry of Justice and the General Council of the Judiciary in Spain - a lecturer at seminars training of trainers.
6. Participation in the preparation of the project "Improvement of the national legal framework and capacity building of competent institutions dealing with cases of domestic violence and violence based on gender" in Programme Area 29 Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014.
Over the years Senior Commissioner Makeva has been a part-time lecturer at MoI Academy ("Criminal Investigation") and Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" ("Legal and Police Aspects of Domestic Violence")
Vice-President of MoI’s Permanent Commission on Human Rights and Police Ethics
MoI Coordinator on Gender Equality
Chairperson of the MOI Standing Committee for Human Rights and Police Ethics
Member of The National Council for Assistance and Compensation to Victims of Crime
Former member of IPAC National Council of Equality between Women and Men
English, German and Russian