Persons whose data are entered into the SIS are:
1. Persons wanted for an arrest under the European Arrest Warrant or for extradition purposes
2. Aliens for whom an alert has been issued for the purposes of refusing entry into the territory of the country
3. Missing persons or persons who, for their own protection or in order to prevent threats, need temporarily to be placed under police protection at the request of the competent authority or the competent judicial authority of the Party issuing the alert
4. Data on witnesses, persons summoned to appear before the judicial authorities in connection with criminal proceedings in order to account for acts for which they are being prosecuted, or persons who are to be served with a criminal judgment or a summons to report in order to serve a penalty involving deprivation of liberty
5. Data on persons for the purposes of discreet surveillance or of specific checks
The Ministry of the Interior (MoI) is the central authority which will administer and be responsible for the exploitation and functioning of the National Schengen Information System. The MoI is also the institution which will control the entering and processing of personal data in the SIS.
Updated on at Monday, March 30, 2009